babelPic will let you translate any language to your own . The main functionalities are:
- Translate plain text you type.
- OCR/Translate text from a just taken photo or a picture from gallery - the app will do an OCR-recognize of the text, then will detect automatically its language and will translate that to the desired language.
- Text to speech: read the origin or translated text.
- Speech to text: speak the text you want to be translated
- Copy to clipboard: copy the text to translate, the translated text, or the OCR text from the picture, and it will be ready to paste in any other app you use.
- Update the dictionary.
- Reset the text
babelPic is free. Enjoy!
- Access to gallery and camera: to select the picture or take the photo you want to translate
- Internet: to extract the text from photos we use a server based OCR application. We don´t save any photos/text to translate passed to the server. Also to translate the text we connect to google translate services. So, although translating plain text typed from the user does not consume much data, forwarding an image for an OCR usually does - depends on the image quality. We reccommend doing the photo OCRs when being connected to a WiFi if possible, just in case the user cares for the mobile data consumption.