OJC Alert is the official safety app of Otero Junior College. It is the only app that integrates with OJC's safety and security systems. Campus Security has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the Otero Junior College campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
OJC Alert features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the OJC area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to OJC security.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app. - Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time. - Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position. - I’m OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that “You’re OK” to a recipient of your choosing.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Campus Map: Navigate around the OJC area.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at OJC.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from OJC safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.