Use APKPure App
Get MX Player old version APK for Android
MX Player supports advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle gestures, and also includes a file sharing app called MX File Transfer.
MX Player is a powerful free video player that supports advanced subtitle customization and hardware acceleration.
- Change brightness or sound volume by dragging up and down on the left / right of the screen.
- Customize subtitle text size, styles and colors as you like.
- Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen.
- Share files, music, photos and videos instantly without using mobile data.
Powerful video player with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle support.
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device's performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN - Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING - File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
- DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* "READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* "LOCATION" permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* "NETWORK" and "WIFI" permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* "BLUETOOTH" permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* "CAMERA" permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* "INTERNET" is required to play internet streams.
* "VIBRATE" is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* "WAKE_LOCK" is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* "KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES" is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* "DISABLE_KEYGUARD" is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* "SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW" is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* "DRAW OVER OTHER APPS" is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing "package file is invalid" error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org
Last updated on May 19, 2023
- Improvements on app theme and support for system day/night theme.
- Other improvements and bug fixes.
Yes. MX Player is a free Android app without any membership fees. It has paid features in the Pro version, but the basic one can be used for free on smartphones.
You can adjust MX Player subtitles by going to Menu > Subtitle > Panel. Tap +/- symbols on the screen for 0.1-second adjustments.
Tap on the three dots icon and select Playback Speed. Choose from 0.5x to 2x speeds or enter a custom value.
MX Player supports almost every popular media format including AVI, MP4, MPEG-4 ASP, AAC+, FLAC, etc., as well as some uncommon ones like AC-3DTS-HD codecs