La descripción de DNS Server
Run your own DNS Server (Domain Name System Server) on your device! From now on you have control over all DNS requests. Set the app to automatically forward requests to another DNS Server, or set the app to use a web DNS server. You can even set rules so for the request for a specific host you can set the app to always reply with a specific IP!
- If you find a bug or have a problem please contact us by email since we cannot help you if you post it in the reviews.
- Normally DNS Servers run on port 53, but because of some limitations on Android that is not possible. So you will need to add port forwarding in your home network to access the server on port 53.
- In this version you can add one server (DNS, or Dynamic DNS Updaters), three rules and if allowed IP’s is set also only three of them. If you want to be able to add unlimited items please buy DNS Server Pro. If you buy the pro version you will support development, will be able to add unlimited items and see no advertisements!
For more servers and features have a look at our app Servers Ultimate
But we haven’t mentioned all features yet; you can even set a dynamic DNS updater! So you can always access your device from everywhere, even if the IP changed!
It also has extensive logging functionality, and you can even set the app to email you the log automatically!
- Start/Stop a DNS server automatically when connected/disconnected from a specified WIFI network, or on boot
- Set forward DNS Server or web DNS Server
- Optionally only allow access from certain IP’s
- Verbose log (filter, email, etc)
- Add rules to respond with a give IP for a host
- Add a Dynamic DNS Updater using the local or public IP of your device
- Add a DNS Server, and set the following: name, port, allow dns caching, use a dns server for request, use a web dns server for requests, only allow access from certain IP’s, enable logging, only log errors, start on boot, start/stop when connected/disconnected to a specified WIFI network
- Add rules for the DNS Server: give an IP for a set host or block certain hosts
- Add multiple dynamic DNS updaters
- For every dynamic DNS updater set the name, timeout (in minutes), hostname, username, password and whether to update with the local or public IP address, start the Dynamic DNS Updater when connected to a specific WIFI network, update on connectivity change, start on boot
- On the settings page of the app you can set the maximum log items to keep, whether to keep a WIFI lock (prevent WIFI from disconnecting automatically), keep the device alive, keep the device alive full (keep the screen on, battery intensive), set to start the app on boot
- You can search/filter the log, or set it to be automatically sent when the log limit is reached.
Supported DNS updaters
- Add a custom URL
- and even ZoneEdit!
For questions, comments or feature requests just contact us!