Debug/test apps on device over the air, wireless, no cable. Must-have developer tool.
WiFi ADB makes it easy to debug/test your Android apps directly on device via WiFi TCP/IP connection. No need to use USB cable. After enabling ADB over WiFi, to connect your computer to the device open the console and run
adb connect ip_address_of_the_device
This app works on ROOTED devices only. If you don't know what it means or your device is not rooted please don't install. Users also need to grant this app su permission when being asked.
• Quickly enable/disable ADB connection over WiFi TCP/IP
• Auto-enable ADB over WiFi on configured known SSIDs
• Once enabled an entry is added to ongoing notification bar to remind user that ADB over WiFi is active and make it easy to disable it manually
• The app icon can be put on status bar at all time for quick access (better than home screen widget, IMO)
• Temporarily increase screen-off timeout. Nine times out of 10 this is what users want during development of an Android app and testing it on device. The original screen timeout value is restored when ADB over WiFi is disabled again.
• Temporarily lock WiFi, prevent it from going into sleep mode (how effectively it works depends on device and Android version)
• Also acts as Tasker/Locale plugin. You can configure Tasker/Locale to automatically turn on/off WiFi ADB based on other conditions
★ If your development computer is Unix/Linux or Mac open a console and run
while true ; do adb connect phone_ip_address ; sleep 15 ; done
This one-liner auto-reconnects to ADB daemon on the phone every time the link is broken for whatever reason.
★ If you control the WiFi router, configure it to give the phone the same IP address every time. Then assign a local DNS hostname to that IP address so that you don't have to type an IP address which changes everytime in the console.
This app requires in-app purchase permission. This is for users to make donations to the app developer. Donations are voluntary and in fact do not add any extra features. But if you want to say thank-you with your wallet, you can. (Thanks!)