I Ching: App of Changes
10.2.4 for Android
Opis I Ching: App of Changes
Whether you use the I-Ching as an oracle, an aid to creativity, or a mirror of your subconscious, you'll love the clarity of writing, the intuition in the design, and the simplicity of use of this version of the Yi Jing or Iching or Book of Changes, as it's variously known. The modern, no-nonsense interface delivers new users straight to the basics: you ask a question, the I Ching answers. For old souls who know the book well this app holds a wealth of features for deeper research.
• Journal lets you store unlimited questions and readings
• No ads, no in app purchase requests, no nag screens
• The open source software engine precisely replicates the ancient Yarrow Stalk method
• Immediately loads to question prompt for quick consultation
• A lookup library of all 64 hexagrams and all changing lines - by hexagram, by trigram, by numeric or visual render
• Look up any reading by Hexagram number and changing lines (e.g. type 11.16 in the question box for hexagram 11 with a changing line at the bottom  and top )
• NightMode display option
• AutoSave option to save all your questions unprompted
• User-configurable font sizes for easier reading
• Coin menu if you prefer that method and want to toss your own coins
• Share your readings via email, print, or social media
• Helpful help for beginners with insights for experienced users
• Original texts based on the Wilhelm Baynes translation made gender-neutral
• Fresh, beautifully crafted new interpretations to make you laugh, cry, and everything in between.
If you prefer to count your own stalks or cast your own coins there's a manual hexagram builder to make your task easier.
The wisdom and philosophy of the ancient Chinese texts blend seamlessly with commentaries that gently mix a dash of modern poetry, a pinch of humor, and cultural grace notes from the worlds of art, music, divination, and literature to bring you what many daily users have called the very best I-Ching / Yi Jing / Iching / I Ching app available.
Following the tradition of Baynes and countless interpreters of the original texts, I've written commentaries which borrow words and inspiration from a multitude of sources; Bob Dylan, Lao Tzu, Doctor Who, the Tarot, T.S. Eliot, King Kong, John Lennon, Joseph Campbell, the Grateful Dead and Martin Luther King all make cameo appearances. The language, unlike so many translations, makes every attempt to be gender-neutral.
I wanted the sparest interface possible. No fake parchment backgrounds, no gimmicky images of bamboo or cartoon sages with oracles and winning lottery numbers.
The software engine emulates precisely the ancient yarrow stalk method, which was slightly more likely to cast yang than yin. A changing yin line is very rare using stalks, but of equal probability to changing yang using coins. The ancient divination method uses stalks rather than coins.
I hope you enjoy using this I-Ching app as much as I enjoy crafting it, improving it, and hearing from people who have found it helpful in their lives.