Astrospheric is weather forecasting for North American astronomers, astrophotographers, and most of all explorers.
Using the amazing astronomy data produced by the Canadian Meteorological Center, Astrospheric produces a highly accurate 48 hour forecast for any location in the United States or Canada.
Overlaying cloud, transparency, seeing, and light pollution data onto a map makes it simple to search through the next two days looking for the nearest break in the weather.
• 48 hour, hour-by-hour forecast
• Extended 8 day cloud forecast
• Updated every 6 hours
• Infrared satellite date update every 30 mintues
• Sky data: cloud, sky transparency, smoke, and seeing
• Ground data: wind, temperature, and humidity
• Precise rise and set times for both the sun and moon
• ISS (International Space Station) path information
• Custom notifications for your favorite locations
• Cloud, transparency, smoke, and seeing map layers for most of North America
• Satellite data
• Jetstream, Aerosol Optical Depth, ground layers
• Easily scrub through the 48 hour forecast with each layer
• Worldwide light pollution data
• Precise altitude and illumination information
• List of upcoming moon phases with dates
• Easily save favorite locations for easy access
• Favorites roam between your devices and browser (www.astrospheric.com)
• Information necessary to quickly set up your GOTO tracking mount
• Available even if you don’t have a network connection
Please note, data is available for the continental USA, Canada, Alaska, and parts of Mexico. Since I can only target app distribution at the country level, I apologize to users in Hawaii since there is not data available in that State.