The description of Catholic Bible Commentary
* Douay-Rheims Bible
* George Haydock's Catholic Bible Commentary
Looking for a Catholic Study Bible?
Catholic Bible commentary helps you read and understand the Holy Bible. Download the well-known Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible with commentaries by George Haydock.
DOUAY-RHEIMS CATHOLIC EDITION
The Douay-Rheims Bible is an English translation of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate. It was the first authorized Catholic edition of the Bible by the Roman Catholic Church.
This is a revision made by Dr Richard Challoner. It includes the seven Deutero-canonical books: Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Baruch, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees.
GEORGE HAYDOCK’S COMMENTARY
Enjoy Haydock Catholic Bible Commentary on the whole Bible, the perfect tool to understand some difficult passages of the Bible.
George Leo Haydock was an English priest, pastor and Bible scholar born in 1774. He wrote an edition of the Douay Bible with extended commentary.
His volume was published in 1811 and became the most popular English Catholic Bible of the 19th century and continues to be popular to this day.
Features of Catholic Bible commentary:
- Cross-references: each verse has a cross-reference to other verses that mention the same thing
- Sub-headings that briefly describe what the section includes
- Offline mode: the app allows you to read or listen to the Bible offline
- Text size: You have the option to change the text size of the text
- Research keyword: Search throughout the whole Bible
- Receive inspirational verses: wake up with the Holy Word of God
- Continue your Bible reading where you previously stopped
- Share verses or passages with family and friends on social media
- Add notes as you read the Bible
- Bookmark option: select your favorite verses, create a list and arrange them by dates
- Set up night mode that makes your screen eyes friendly in dark places
Add a litter faith and beauty to your day: download the Bible.
George Haydock's Catholic Bible Commentary is a powerful audio Bible with a user-friendly interface.
Main divisions of the Catholic Bible:
Books of the Old Testament:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Tobit, Judith, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Wisdom, Sirach, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Baruch, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Tobit, , of Solomon, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees.
Books of the New Testament:
New Testament: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation.